Update from the England Korfball Performance Programme
The England Korfball Performance Programme (previously known as the International Set up), provides opportunities for our most talented athletes to train and compete internationally at U15, U17, U19, U21 and senior age groups.
As social distancing restrictions are being lifted, we are finalising plans to re-activate our Performance Programme and are providing an update on activities:
- England have not entered a squad in the IKF U21 Korfball World cup taking place in France in September. At the time of the competition entry deadline, we considered that the risks were too high given the impact of Covid on travel and training options in England
- The England Senior Squad are due to take part in the IKF European Korfball Championship A-Division in October in Antwerp. Trials will take place in July as advertised and training during August-October Senior Squad Trial Nominations
- The England Korfball Board seeks to appoint coaching and management teams for all age groups for the next four years until summer 2025, along with members of the England Performance Programme Coordinating Committee to oversee the programme [Vacancy details here]. This is planned recruitment as agreed contract terms end. The current coaching team for the Senior squad will remain in place until after the European Championships in Antwerp in October; positions will be openly advertised in December 2021.
- We anticipate holding trials for all age groups up to U21s in the Autumn as usual
- The new Performance Programme Team will also develop an up-to-date strategy for our Performance Programme, including our aspirations for international ranking and long term strategies to meet these aims. This will form part of the wider England Korfball process to review and update our current 2018-22 strategy