Club Day and Annual General Meeting 2020
The England Korfball Club Day and Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place at St. Paul’s in Cambridge on Saturday 29 February 2020 from 10:00am.
Address: St. Paul’s, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1JP
The England Korfball Club Day will include a choice of sessions and workshops, with the AGM to follow in the afternoon.
Sessions at the England Korfball Club Day include:
- Introduction to the new Safeguarding & Welfare Hub
- Successful clubs: sharing good practice (Bristol Thunder & Cambridge Tigers)
- How to recruit and retain members
- Membership options & Fixtures Live replacement
Introduction to the new Safeguarding & Welfare Hub
Introduction to the newly developed England Korfball Safeguarding & Welfare Hub. Participants will gain:
- A Briefing on new policies and guidelines
- An understanding of England Korfball’s approach to safeguarding and welfare in the greater context of safeguarding and welfare in sport
- An opportunity to input on areas of guidance needed and shape future areas of focus
Successful clubs: sharing good practice (Bristol Thunder & Cambridge Tigers)
A chance for clubs to hear from other clubs! Bristol Thunder & Cambridge Tigers have kindly offered to share the successes and challenges they have had, looking at areas including youth development and university links.
How to recruit and retain members
What does the experience look like for a new member at your club?
- How do they know they want to try korfball?
- Korfball looks fun, how do they give it a try?
- You’ve got them through the door, how to ensure they enjoy their first session
- They’ve loved their first session; how do you make sure they keep coming back
Membership options & Fixtures Live replacement
EK will be transitioning from Fixtures live to a new membership and league administration system. There have also been a number of changes in recent years in terms of GDPR and expectations of members in regard to personal insurance.
In this context England Korfball wants to take the opportunity to a have a fresh look at what we need. Bring your ideas & wish list!