England Korfball Disciplinary Officer
England Korfball is seeking a Disciplinary Officer to oversee Disciplinary and Misconduct matters.
This role is an integral one to the organisation, working with the EK Board to support members to improve, achieve and maintain standards. The role supports EK to deal effectively with those participants who do not comply with EK’s standards of conduct, performance or adhere to EK’s policies and procedures. Current EK Disciplinary Policies can be found here.
- Experience of dealing with disciplinary matters within community, membership, or sports clubs.
- Up to date with current relevant legislation and good practice, including HR & Safeguarding.
- High level of Integrity/Probity and discretion.
- Capacity to provide resource to cases on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to challenge in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to demonstrate Leadership.
- Demonstrable commitment to ethics within the sport.
- Demonstrable commitment to Equal Opportunities and Equity.
- Demonstrate reliability.
- Awareness and importance of Collective Responsibility.
- Ability to work in Partnership.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively.
The anticipated time commitment would be a minimum of 1-2 hours a week, with the need for flexibility to provide additional time commitment in response to specific cases. The role is voluntary, expenses will be paid in accordance with EK’s expense policy.
England Korfball recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly where we are under-represented, currently, this includes people with a disability, young people aged under 30, women and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups. The geographical spread of Korfball in England has increased over recent years and we encourage applications from all areas of the country.
How to apply
Do you know someone who would be great for the role? If so please let us know here.