Competitions Sub-Committee Chair Vacancy
England Korfball is seeking a Chair for the Competitions Sub-Committee. This is to lead the committee in carrying out its remit to strategically develop and administer korfball competition in England.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Sub-Committee include:
- Organise, administer and develop the following competitions:
- National Leagues
- End of Season Play-offs
- Inter Areas (both youth & senior)
- National Youth Day
- Hears and makes decisions upon competition disputes and appeals
- Engages the membership on changes to policy and rules
- Manages and promotes the competitive tender process for areas to bid to host England Korfball events
The Competitions Sub-Committee usually have 5 or 6 meetings a year, which you would chair. You’d also participate in meetings of all committee Chairs. The Person needs to be:
- Computer literate
England Korfball recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly where we are under-represented, currently, this includes people with a disability, young people aged under 30, women and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups. The geographical spread of Korfball in England has increased over recent years and we encourage applications from all areas of the country.